Tuesday

Been awhile..

Didn't realize it has been so long since my last post...what can I say..the heart attack in Sept. knocked me on my butt for quite awhile and then a whole bunch of other health things started. Of course "life" is always an issue and this winter has just been so long and cold and I am NOT a cold weather person at all!

But now, the weather is getting warmer and even though I am still not even close to being my self, the warmth of the sun draws me outside as often as I can get out there. I may not be able to walk very much now, or do heavy yard work like I did last year, but just sitting in the sun lifts my spirits...watching seedlings emerge from beneath the soil, birds gathering materials for their nests and bees flitting here and there reminds me that spring is a time of new beginnings, birth, life...and gives me hope that I will also experience some changes for the better between now and autumn.


My ex husband moved into the 2nd floor apartment in January, mainly to be close in case I needed him to watch our sons because of my health again and he is the one with the real green thumb...also the one with all the power tools and love of working outside on garden projects. So I have been designing and he has been making the designs happen. The yard is going to be fabulous when we're done and I am looking forward to that.



here is work in progress shot...



Until then, I will continue to do my small part on yard improvements, plantings, etc and just spend as much time as possible basking in the warmth of the sun and trying to heal both my spirits and my body...

No comments: