Wednesday

"Slow Dance"


Our eyes meet across the room
as the music begins to play.
We move slowly towards each other
as though mesmerized
focused only on what we are feeling.
Seemingly alone amidst the chaos
of the crowded dance floor
I move into the circle of your arms
you pull me close.
Our bodies begin to move to the beat
your hands roaming freely upon my back
mine caressing the back of your neck
we remain lost in each other's eyes.
Feeling the heat of our bodies
where they touch
our movements become more sensual.
Breaking from your gaze at last
my eyes fall to your lips
I become fascinated, begin
to yearn for your kiss.
I draw your head down
lips meet, you respond
softly at first
then more passionately
leaving me breathless, weak
longing for more
leaving me
melting against you.
The music ends
we stay in each other's arms
for a few more sweet moments
then you thank me for the dance
and move away into the crowd.

Copyright 2009 Catherine Lewis

No comments: